If you want the best liposomal vitamin C supplement, there are several categories and ingredients to consider.
In this post, learn about the best liposomal vitamin supplement brands, the benefits of liposomal vitamin C, and why it is superior to other forms of vitamin C.
Table of Contents
Best Liposomal Vitamin C Category Overview
Don’t have time to read the whole post? Here is an overview of the top liposomal vitamin C supplements on the market today.
- Best Liposomal Vitamin C Brand for Absorption- Sovereign Laboratories Vital C-LD
- Best Tasting Liquid Liposomal Vitamin C-Amy Myers Liposomal Vitamin C and Seeking Health Liposomal Vitamin C Plus
- Best Rated for Health Effects-LivOn Labs Liposomal Vitamin C Packets
- Maximum Strength-Dacha Liposomal Vitamin C
- Best Value Nutri Flair Liposomal Vitamin C and Wholesome Wellness Liposomal Vitamin C
- Best Immune Support Moxyvites Liposomal Vitamin C Capsules
- Best Organic Liposomal Vitamin C Supplements Studio Liposomal Vitamin C
- Best Liposomal with MCT Oil Intelligent Labs Liposomal Vitamin C Capsules
- Honorable Mention Dr. Mercola Liposomal Vitamin C Capsules
Best Liposomal Vitamin C for Absorption
Sovereign Laboratories Vital C-LD is a liposomal vitamin C that is clinically proven to absorb at the highest rate at up to 5 times the absorption and bioavailability of your typical vitamin C.
It is a blend of PureWay-C® ascorbic acid, rosehips, citrus bioflavonoids, and a proprietary fat blend that serves as liposomes.
- Superior antioxidant and free radical scavenging
- Bioflavonoids in this supplement also enhance the absorption of vitamin C
- All-natural ingredients
- Gentle on the stomach
- Contains 950 milligrams of vitamin C per serving
- $0.33 per serving, moderately priced
- Great for immunity especially when combined with their Colostrum LD
Best Liposomal Vitamin C Supplements for Taste
Amy Myers Liposomal Vitamin C is highly rated for taste. This supplement is made of ascorbic acid, phosphatidylcholine, natural vitamin E, and beta-carotene. For this reason, it is one of the best liquid liposomal vitamin C supplements on the market.
Best taken between meals.
- Tasty orange flavor
- Non-GMO, and free of gluten, wheat, dairy, corn, soy, and yeast
- Great for sensitive stomachs
- 1-month supply in each bottle or 15.2 fl. oz. (450 mL)
- Glycerin as a natural sweetener
- $0.99 per 1000 mg serving
- Highly rated
- Ideal for a healthy immune response and boosts collagen production for healthy skin, nails, gut health, and joint health
- Too sweet for some people
- Costs more than capsule forms
Seeking Health Liposomal Vitamin C Plus stands out because reviewers rave about its flavor and it tastes good enough for kids to love it too. This trusted company is GMP certified and used and loved by health professionals as well.
- Vitamin C from sodium ascorbate and ascorbic acid in a liquid liposomal Vitamin C form for enhanced absorption and GI comfort
- Contains quercetin, rose hips, and hesperidin bioflavonoids for superior absorption
- 1000 mg of vitamin C per serving
- Reduces histamine release from cells
- $1.14 per 1000 mg serving
- Unflavored, but naturally tastes great
- Liposomal Phosphatidylcholine and Phosphatidylethanolamine Complex (from non-GMO Sunflower oil)
- Free of major allergens, including gluten, dairy, soy, nuts, fish
- Non-GMO, no artificial flavors
- More expensive than most
- Contains a safe preservative, potassium sorbate
Best Rated Liposomal Vitamin C for Health Benefits
LivOn Laboratories Lypo–Spheric Vitamin C receives overwhelmingly positive reviews for its health benefits-some which are very dramatic. With almost 10,000 reviews people frequently claim that they have dramatically improved energy and improved immunity among many other benefits, such as improved skin health.
- Each box contains 30 Packets with 1,000 mg of vitamin C and also has 1,000 mg of phospholipids from soy lecithin.
- Contains Vitamin C 1,000mg (as sodium ascorbate), Essential Phospholipids 1,000mg delivering 500mg of Phosphatidylcholine (PC)
- Rich in vitamin C antioxidant to support overall health benefits
- Often comes with dramatic health benefits according to reviewers
- Great for muscle repair, healthy immunity, increased collagen production
- non-GMO and no gluten,non-dairy, no sugar, Zone/Paleo Diet Friendly
- $1.30 per 1000 mg serving
- More expensive than most
- Not soy-free
- Some reviewers do not like the taste
Best Liposomal Vitamin C-Maximum Strength
Dacha Natural Liposomal Vitamin C Capsules are the most concentrated form of liposomal vitamin C at 1700 mg per 2 capsules. This is one of the best-value liposomal vitamin C supplements on the market today too.
- 100 servings per bottle and only $0.18 per serving
- Phospholipids from sunflower lecithin are used to make this potent vitamin C into a liposomal form
- Non-GMO phosphatidylcholine helps increase the bioavailability of vitamin C
- Ascorbic acid and palmitic acid are used to make the ester ascorbyl palmitate, which is a fat-soluble form of vitamin c
- Very highly rated by over 17,000 reviewers
- Made in the USA
- Ascorbyl palmitate, calcium ascorbate, and cetyl ascorbate forms of vitamin C
- No corn, soy, gluten, or other major allergens
- Contains rice flour and magnesium stearate
Best Value Liposomal Vitamin C Supplements
NutriFlair Liposomal Vitamin C Capsules are by far the best value for the money on the market today. Not only that, the quality is superior to most vitamin C supplements available. Each container contains a 3-month supply for under $20.
- Strict adherence to current Good Manufacturing Practices, FDA-registered facility
- Made in the USA
- Ascorbyl palmitate, ascorbyl oleate, and cetyl ascorbate are its sources of vitamin C
- Dairy-free and gluten-free, non-GMO, soy-free
- Great value at $0.09 per 1600 mg serving
- Enhanced absorption due to phospholipid content sourced from sunflower lecithin
- According to the company, liposomal C supports healthy brain function, memory, heart health, adrenal health, mood, and vascular health.
- Increases absorption of calcium and iron
- Each batch is third-party tested for quality, purity, and potency
- Money-back guarantee
- Capsule is made of methylcellulose
Wholesome Wellness Liposomal Vitamin C Capsules are made of liposomal ascorbic acid and ascorbyl palmitate types of vitamin C made lypo spheric with sunflower oil and lecithin. If you are looking for great value, this is an excellent choice because it has a 100-day supply for around $16.
- Ascorbyl palmitate, a fat-soluble form of C Vitamin
- 100 servings per bottle
- Costs only $0.16 per 1500 milligram serving
- Non-GMO, soy-free, gluten-free, dairy-free, vegetarian,
- Doctor formulated with sodium ascorbate and palmitic acid to create a lypo spheric vitamin C
- According to the company, this is a great vitamin C for kids, teens, as well as adults
- 100 percent Satisfaction Guarantee from the company
- Small family-owned business
- Reviewers find that they have reduced allergy symptoms, improved skin complexion, and reduced joint pain when using this supplement among many other benefits
- Capsule is made up of hypromellose, a fiber-derived compound
Best Liposomal Vitamin C for Immune Support
Moxyvites Liposomal Vitamin C with Zinc Capsules is an impressive liposomal vitamin C supplement. This is because it is enriched with Organic Elderberry, Amla, and zinc, as well as Camu Camu for immune-boosting properties.
- Highest rated liposomal vitamin C on the market
- Only $0.26 per 1500 mg
- Most ingredients are organic
- Ingredients are Liposomal vitamin C from ascorbic acid, organic acerola cherry, organic camu camu, and organic amla berry
- Also contains beneficial zinc citrate, organic elderberry, citrus bioflavonoids, organic lemon peel, phosphatidylcholine, and sunflower lecithin
- The bioflavonoids in this supplement help improve the absorption of vitamin C along with its liposomal formula
- 3-month supply in each bottle
- Very easy on the stomach for most people
- According to reviewers it is anti-aging and helps with preventing common viral illnesses while improving energy levels
- FREE from GMO, additives, preservatives, dairy, sugar, shellfish, nuts, wheat, stearates
- Made in the United States
- GMP-certified and third-party tested, professional-grade supplement company
- 100% satisfaction guaranteed
- One of the best natural vitamin C supplement brands on the market because of its organic ingredients
- Contains a low amount of zinc, which is good for immunity but can cause stomach upset if taken on an empty stomach by some people
Best Organic Liposomal Vitamin C
Supplements Studio Liposomal Vitamin C is made with whole food sources of vitamin C that are also organic too. Not only that, this supplement is a good value as well, making it one of the top liposomal supplements on the market.
- Liposomal vitamin C at 1400 mg per serving
- 3-month supply per container
- Contains organic acerola cherries and organic camu camu for a good source of organic whole food vitamin C
- Sunflower lecithin for enhanced bioavailability and absorption
- Anti-aging while supporting healthy bone density, decreasing muscle soreness, heart health, and promoting natural collagen production in the skin and gut
- The company states that this supplement is 100% absorbable compared to most vitamin C on the market which is around 10% absorbed
- nonGMO, no preservatives, non-dairy, no gluten, no sugar, no shellfish, no nuts, no wheat, no stearates, no silicon dioxide, and no artificial ingredients
- Made in the USA and GMP certified as well as third-party tested
- Only $0.18 per serving
- Contains a capsule made of methylcellulose
Best Liposomal Vitamin C with MCT Oil
Intelligent Labs Liposomal Vitamin C Supplements is a great choice because it contains MCT oil which helps enhance absorption. This supplement is one of the best liposomal vitamin C on the market because of its high absorption rates. It is particularly beneficial for people who suffer from digestive issues because MCT oil absorbs readily in people with malabsorption concerns.
- Contains MCT Oil, which makes a dry form of liposomes derived from coconut oil powder
- Standardized to contain 50% medium chain triglycerides and sunflower seed lecithin
- $0.28 per 1000 mg of vitamin C
- Contains 500mg of bioactive vitamin C per capsule from ascorbic acid and ascorbyl palmitate
- 180 capsules or 90 servings per bottle
- Soy-free, sugar-free, gluten-free, also vegan
- 100% money-back guarantee
- reduces the risk of gastric discomfort, which is a common side effect of ascorbic acid. Rich in antioxidants
- Vitamin C also helps reduce fatigue, aids in energy production, and may even help improve your mood
- The coconut oil and sunflower lecithin protects vitamin C from oxidation
- Easy on the stomach
- No dairy, milk, fish, eggs, or soy
- No artificial flavors, additives, or preservatives
- Third-party testing certificates are also available and manufactured at an NSF GMP-certified facility in the United States
- The capsule is made of methylcellulose
Dr. Mercola Liposomal Vitamin C is a very popular form of liposomal vitamin C that gets great reviews.
- $0.38 per 1000 mg
- Lipid soluble vitamin C
- Contains 90 Servings
- GMO-Free, Gluten Free, and Soy Free
- The liposomes help to reduce gastrointestinal distress typically related to normal vitamin C supplements
- Also contains MCT oil
- 1,000 mg for adults, and also comes in kids formula that contains 125 mg of vitamin C per capsule for children 4 years and older
- Full 30-day money-back guarantee
- Contains a capsule made with beeswax, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, paprika, and sunflower oil
How the Best Liposomal Vitamin C Supplement Brands are Chosen
The following criteria are used for deciding which brands made the best liposomal vitamin C supplements list.
- GMP facility with 3rd party certification, which means that all of these supplements are independently inspected for quality.
- Dose is also taken into consideration as many people find that a higher dose is more effective for certain health concerns than lower doses. These include immune health and reducing allergy symptoms.
- Cost of vitamin C is also a factor that is considered because many people have a budget that they need to adhere to.
- Purity is considered as well, and liposomal supplements with the least amount of additives and fillers were chosen for this post.
- Company reputation is an important factor because reputable companies are more trustworthy for containing high-quality ingredients.
- Beneficial ingredients are also considered because other nutrients and bioflavonoids can enhance the effectiveness of liposomal vitamin C.
- Reviews are an important part of determining if a liposomal vitamin C supplement is helping people feel better. It also is an important factor for its health claims. For this post, products with a rating of greater than 4.6 stars and with at least 100 ratings are chosen over products with fewer ratings or lower ratings.
- Taste is also considered for liquid liposomal vitamin C supplements.
- Absorption/Bioavailability varies depending on the brand of liposomal vitamin C, so companies with a high percentage of verified absorption were chosen for this post.
Why Liposomal Vitamin C is the Best Form of Vitamin C
Liposomes are essentially an emulsified form of vitamin C due to their formulation with fat and phospholipids.
Not only is liposomal vitamin C absorbed better for this reason, but it also increases the length of time and amount that is available in the blood known as bioavailability.
Vitamin C is an essential nutrient that comes from foods. But there are many people who tend to run low in vitamin C due to food choices and have higher requirements than can be obtained from vitamin C-rich foods.
Using liposomal vitamin C is more effective than most common forms of vitamin C because it has superior absorbability and bioavailability. It makes a water-soluble vitamin become similar to a fat-soluble vitamin in this regard.
On average, liposomal vitamin C is at least 1.7 times more bioavailable than non-liposomal vitamin C. For this reason, liposomal vitamin C is the best form of vitamin C supplement.
Liposomal Vitamin C Benefits for Immunity
By far the most common use for vitamin C is to help improve immune function and for good reason.
A review of 10 studies concluded that vitamin C helps with recovery from respiratory tract infections, including the common cold.
Using vitamin C supplements reduces the chances of getting acute respiratory infections and also shortens the time of sickness.
By enhancing immunity, vitamin C may also help reduce the risk of cancer and may even play a role in helping to treat cancer.
Reduces Inflammation and Muscle Soreness
As a strong antioxidant, vitamin C decreases inflammation in the body.
It even reduces blood markers of inflammation called C-reactive protein.
Doing so even reduces muscle soreness due to exercise according to multiple clinical trials.
Liposomal Vitamin C for Skin Health
Many skin care products on the market contain vitamin C because of its anti-aging effects. But, it is important to nourish the body with vitamin C from the inside out as well. This is because skin levels of vitamin C will drop when vitamin C intake in the diet drops.
Another reason that vitamin C is critical for skin health is that low levels of vitamin C cause poor wound healing of the skin. Inadequate vitamin C can also cause fragile and bleeding skin.
Vitamin C is required for collagen production in the body, so it may improve skin health especially if it is in liposomal form.
Bone tissue also contains collagen. Because of this, liposomal vitamin C also may help enhance bone density due to its stronger effects on vitamin C blood levels. Collagen helps to strengthen bone tissue.
Blood Pressure Benefits of Vitamin C
Among the many benefits of vitamin C, this nutrient also is known to help reduce blood pressure levels too.
For example, a review of 8 studies concluded that vitamin C supplements reduce systolic blood pressure by 4 points and reduce diastolic blood pressure by 2 points on average in people with primary hypertension.
It makes sense that liposomal vitamin C may work better to reduce blood pressure because it is more potent than regular vitamin C. One study proved that liposomal vitamin C does indeed reduce blood pressure more than standard vitamin C in rats.
Higher vitamin C intakes are generally related to less heart disease risk as well.
Vitamin C Reduces Allergy Symptoms
Another dramatic benefit that many people notice when they take ample amounts of vitamin C is that their allergy symptoms are reduced.
This is because vitamin C reduces the histamine response in the bronchial tubes of people with allergic rhinitis.
People who received IV vitamin C also had a reduction in allergy symptoms from the treatment and half of the participants didn’t need any other form of allergy treatment.
Because of vitamin C’s antihistamine effects, it may also reduce motion sickness.
Vitamin C May Improve Bone Density
Vitamin C has the ability to reduce oxidative stress, which is a benefit to bone health as well. In fact, using vitamin C is related to a reduced risk of bone fractures. The benefits of vitamin C to bone health may also be related to the benefits of vitamin C on collagen production in the bone.
Additionally, people taking vitamin C supplements have an overall improved bone density of 3% compared to those who didn’t supplement vitamin C.
Vitamin C for Brain Health
Vitamin C has many health benefits, and one of these benefits is an improvement in focus and mental performance according to a study in healthy young adults.
In fact, low levels of vitamin C in the blood are related to poor mental focus and poor mental vitality
Other research suggests that vitamin C supplements may help improve mood in people with low mood.
Vitamin C May Boost Energy
Low blood levels of vitamin C are related to fatigue symptoms.
Using vitamin C supplements is often reported to improve energy levels for people too. A study confirmed these effects by improving energy levels for 24 hours after receiving IV vitamin C.
Vitamin C appears to delay muscle fatigue due to exercise as well.
When is the best time to take liposomal vitamin C?
Most people find that taking liposomal vitamin C in the morning or afternoon on an empty stomach has the best amount of benefits. Because vitamin C can be energizing, it is generally recommended to avoid taking it at bedtime.
Who benefits from liposomal vitamin C?
Most people can benefit from vitamin C as reviewed above. It is especially useful for people who eat less vitamin C in their diet from fruits and vegetables.
What dose of vitamin C liposomal form is best?
Most people use between 500-1000 mg of liposomal vitamin C per day. Research shows that these doses are safe and effective for most people to take.
Who should avoid taking liposomal vitamin C?
For the majority of people, taking liposomal vitamin C is perfectly safe. But, you should always check with your healthcare provider or doctor before making any change to your healthcare routine.
If you are allergic to or sensitive to any ingredient in liposomal vitamin C you should also avoid taking it.
What are liposomal vitamin C side effects?
Side effects of liposomal vitamin C are very rare, but occasionally, people report stomach upset or heartburn when taking it.
Heidi Moretti, MS, RD is The Healthy RD. A registered dietitian for 23 years as well as a book author of the new book Gut Fix and The Whole Body Guide to Gut Health, Heidi has a passion for functional nutrition and natural medicine. She has researched supplements and natural medicine throughout her career. One of her biggest loves is helping people gain function and vitality by tackling the root causes of illness.