The best fiber bars on the market today have come a long way in terms of quality compared to a decade ago.
In other words, you no longer have to settle for a fiber bar laden with added sugar or common food sensitivities.
Learn about the best fiber bars in this post. This means that they contain whole foods when possible and aren’t full of processed, artificial ingredients. Additionally, I give options that are good fiber bars for diabetics, allergen-friendly, and gluten-free.
I also include a savory alternative for people who want more fiber and protein in their diet but would prefer things to be salty instead of sweet: yep, that’s me too.
And you don’t have to settle for low-fiber protein bars today either; many bars have the best of both worlds.
Don’t have time to read the whole thing? Here are the top 3 fiber bars.
Double Chocolate Brownie Collagen Bars
Double Chocolate Brownie Collagen Bars by Dr. Amy Myers is one of the best fiber bars because it contains organic and grass-fed ingredients. Additionally, it is free of all major allergens and contains low-calorie natural sweeteners including stevia and monk fruit extract.
It is one of the best fiber bars for weight loss too because it contains plenty of healthy fats for fullness, a good amount of protein, healthy carbohydrates, and filling fibers like chicory root fiber and larch arabinogalactan.
The full ingredient list includes Organic almond butter, grass-fed bovine collagen, chicory root fiber, prebiotic IMO tapioca, cocoa, unsweetened chocolate chips, sunflower lecithin, larch arabinogalactan, vanilla, coconut oil, sea salt, stevia, and monk fruit extract.
The price is around $3.50 per bar. Get $10 off your first order using the promo code AF-DDR6QS.
- 10 grams of protein per serving
- 7 grams of fiber per serving
- Only 170 calories
- 80 positive reviews
- Healthy fiber bars with organic and grass-fed collagen ingredients
- Naturally sweetened and low net carbohydrate
- Gluten-free, soy-free, and dairy-free
- Contains grass-fed collagen which is good for skin health and joint health
- Minimal to no stevia aftertaste
- Keep them in the refrigerator to improve the texture according to some reviewers
- Receive high reviews for taste and tolerability
- No belly upset like some fiber bars- but start with half a bar if you are new to chicory fiber
- Good fiber bars for people with diabetes
- The chocolate flavor is a little too rich for some people. In this case, the Cookie Dough Collagen Bar is a great choice.
- These are not candy so don’t expect them to have the texture of candy
- A bit more expensive, but reasonable with the promo code AF-DDR6QS you can save $10
- Not vegetarian, but from regeneratively sourced foods instead which is a big factor in being climate-friendly
Body Health Mocha Chip Bar
Body Health Mocha Chip Bars are among the best fiber bars of 2022 because they contain one of the highest amounts of fiber of any bar at 11 grams of fiber per serving along with 8 grams of protein. This high fiber content makes them among the best fiber bars for constipation too.
Contains almonds, tapioca fiber, chicory root fiber, pea protein isolate, organic cane sugar, glycerin, cocoa powder, organic coconut, Perfect Amino (All 8 essential amino acids for growth and repair), cocoa butter, natural flavor, organic coconut oil, cinnamon, (organic apple, organic kale, organic broccoli, organic spinach, organic carrot, organic parsley, organic beet, organic green cabbage, organic blueberry, organic raspberry, organic strawberry, organic tomato), coffee flavor, medium-chain triglycerides, cocoa extract, sea salt, sunflower tocopherol, sea salt, and monk fruit extract.
$3.30 per bar, only $2.60 a bar with the promo code Heidi20 by saving 20%
- Comes in Blondie, Mocha, and Brownie flavors too
- Over 600 positive reviews
- Many reviewers say that this is the best tasting fiber bar they have ever tried and I agree
- Only 7 net carbs, making them ideal for people with diabetes
- Healthy fats
- non-GMO, gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free, and soy-free.
- Small amount of caffeine in the coffee flavor bar
- Green superfoods
- Rich in minerals and electrolytes
- Prebiotic fibers as a blend that make them easier to tolerate
- 8 Essential Amino acids so it’s good for mood too
- A bit more expensive than some fiber bars but reasonable with the promo code
Best fiber bars for constipation
Coconut Joy Fiber Bars
Coconut Joy Fiber Bars are a new fiber bar that is not only delicious but also contains high-quality ingredients and really resembles the texture of a Mounds bar. Its fiber comes from natural coconut and larch arabinogalactan. Containing natural preservatives that are actually good for you, it has all-natural vitamin E in the form of delta tocotrienols and rosemary extract.
Ingredients are Coconut, allulose syrup, erythritol, inulin, unsweetened chocolate, cocoa butter, allulose, sunflower oil, larch arabinogalactan, sea salt, stevia, vanilla, delta tocotrienols, and rosemary extract.
The cost is about $2.80 per bar.
- High fiber Paleo-approved dessert bar
- 7 grams of fiber per bar and only 1 gram of added sugar
- Great for both diabetes and keto diets as well as those on a candida diet
- Superior taste and texture to most bars
- Gets great reviews
- Contains medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs) to support energy and weight loss
- Contains prebiotics like inulin and soluble fiber to support a healthy digestive tract probiotic community
- Sweetened with allulose and erythritol, which can also help reduce constipation for some people
- Only have 1 gram of protein, so these aren’t for you if you are wanting more protein in your diet
- Some people are sensitive to inulin fiber
Atlas Protein Bars
Atlas Protein Bar variety pack is formulated with all-natural ingredients, including grass-fed whey protein and natural allulose, and monk fruit sweetener. It also contains ashwagandha which is helpful to reduce stress, improve sleep, and may even help with memory and concentration. The flavor variety is great and includes Chocolate Cacao, Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip, Vanilla Almond Chai, Almond Chocolate Chip, Peanut Butter & Raspberry, and Mint Chocolate Chip.
Ingredients for Atlas Protein Bar include Peanut Butter, Grass-Fed Protein Blend (Whey Protein Concentrate and Milk Protein Isolate), Non-GMO Tapioca Fiber, Vegetable Glycerin, Natural flavors, Water, Dark Chocolate Chips (Chocolate Liquor, Allulose, Cocoa Butter), Sunflower Lecithin, Himalayan Pink Salt, Natural Flavors, Organic Ashwagandha, Monk Fruit Extract, and Coconut Oil.
The cost is about $2.50 per bar
- 12 grams of fiber per bar, 15 grams grass-fed whey protein, 3 grams net carbs, and no added sugar
- Contains organic ashwagandha
- Gluten-free and soy-free
- Thousands of positive reviews for taste and quality
- Suitable for ketogenic diets
- No erythritol or stevia, so the tolerance is improved compared to some fiber bars
- Vegetarian (not vegan)
Dr. Kellyann Collagen Fiber Bars
Dr. Kellyann Collagen Fiber Bars are a great high fiber bar that stands out because it is made with grass-fed collagen. It contains a whopping 15 grams of fiber with 4 grams of protein, and healthy fats too. This makes it one of the best fiber bars for constipation.
This fiber bar contains the best kind of fiber which is known as chicory root fiber; a root that is known for its prebiotic fiber content.
- Contains only 1 gram of added sugar
- 15 grams of fiber per bar
- Contains prebiotics from chicory root
- Also contains cashew butter, apples, and cinnamon
- Sweetened with natural stevia extract and a small amount of real cane sugar
- 3 grams of net carbs
- Tastes great for a superfood bar
- So high in fiber that you may want to start with half of a bar to get used to its fiber content.
*Note: currently out of stock, but check back soon.
Keto Collagen Fiber Bar
Keto Collagen Fiber Bars are the VERY highest-fiber bars: so much fiber that I recommend cutting them in half. These are high fiber, low carb bar that is also soy-free, gluten-free, and contain no added sugar. Perfect keto snack and Paleo snack friendly. Each container has 12 bars.
About $3.15 per bar or about 1.60 per half bar which is a recommended serving size
- Highest fiber bar with 16 grams of fiber per bar, 4 grams of protein
- No added sugar, additives, or artificial sweeteners.
- Sweetened with natural stevia
- Contains 100% grass-fed hydrolyzed collagen
- 2g Net Carbs making them a great choice for people with diabetes or people on low carb diets
- Fiber comes from prebiotic coconut fiber which is great for your digestion.
- Soy and gluten-free
- Very highly rated for taste
- You can get some gas and mild bloating from these bars if you don’t start slowly with them until you are used to more fiber in your diet.
- Not vegetarian
- These aren’t candy, so don’t expect the texture to be like a candy bar.
Best value protein fiber bars
Bulletproof Chocolate Dipped Protein Bars
Bulletproof Chocolate Dipped Protein Bars are by far the most reasonably priced high-quality high fiber protein bars on the market. They also contain high-quality ingredients and the flavor is highly rated by hundreds of people with verified purchases on the Bulletproof website.
Ingredients include cashew butter, chocolate, inulin, erythritol, cocoa butter, vanilla extract, stevia, inulin, hydrolyzed collagen, MCT oil powder, and coconut. Less than 2% of safflower or sunflower oil, sunflower lecithin, natural flavors, sea salt, and organic stevia leaf extract.
Contains 8 grams of fiber, 7 grams of protein per serving
- They come in Double Chocolate Fudge flavor as well
- Contains one 12-count box of Bulletproof Coconut Chocolate Dipped Bars
- Chocolate-Dipped Collagen Bars are a delicious keto-friendly snack made with cashew butter for an indulgent shortbread texture
- Made with grass-fed collagen protein and MCT oil for energy and to satisfy hunger
- Soy-free and gluten-free and no apparent dairy ingredients but the label list dairy as an allergen warning
- 3g net carbs and no added sugar so they are great for people with insulin resistance, diabetes, and those on ketogenic diets
- non-GMO and gluten-free chocolate collagen protein bar
About $1.30 per bar
- Comes melted or crumbled for some people
- Contains erythritol but only 1 gram
Munk Pack Keto Nut & Seed Bar
Munk Pack Keto Nut and Seed Bar is a great low sugar and low carb snack bar with an all-natural allulose sweetener. Its main ingredients are nuts, seeds, allulose, soluble tapioca fiber, non-GMO corn fiber, palm kernel oil (responsibly sourced), rice flour, sea salt, natural flavors, and monk fruit extract.
This fiber bar features whole food nuts and seeds and comes in 7 flavor varieties, including Caramel Sea Salt, Pecan Almond, Coconut Almond Dark Chocolate, Macadamia White Chocolate, and Pumpkin Seed Cinnamon Almond, Sea Salt Dark Chocolate, and a variety pack.
It is also highly rated for taste and quality by over 5000 reviewers.
About $2 per fiber bar
- Healthy keto snack that has no added sugar
- Gluten-free and soy-free
- 150 calories per bar
- 3 grams net carbohydrates so they are excellent for diabetes, insulin resistance, and low carb or keto diets
- 5 grams of fiber, 3 grams of protein, and 9 g of allulose
- Doesn’t have erythritol so is easier on the belly than some bars
- Non-GMO and no artificial preservatives and no artificial flavors
- Soy-free, dairy-free, and gluten-free
- Can contain peanuts and definitely contains tree nuts for allergens
- The occasional reviewer states that this bar is too sweet (although no added sugar)
ALOHA Organic Plant-Based Protein Bars
Aloha Organic Plant-Based Protein Bars are rich in fiber and rich in plant proteins. They also feature being gluten-free and Paleo as well. As far as vegan protein bars go, these get high ratings for taste, but the Peanut Butter Chocolate is the best-rated flavor. It also comes in Caramel Sea Salt, Chocolate Mint, and Chocolate Fudge Brownie flavors.
The ingredients include organic brown rice protein, organic pumpkin seed protein, tapioca fiber, tapioca syrup, sunflower seeds, sunflower butter, brown rice crisps, vegetable glycerin, brown sugar, natural flavors, and nothing artificial.
These bars contain 10 grams of fiber, 14 grams of protein, and added sugars 3 grams making them a great choice for people with diabetes.
About $2.25 a bar
- Soy-free and gluten-free
- No sugar alcohols
- No stevia
- Sweetened with a bit of brown sugar and glycerin
- Paleo and non-GMO
- From a certified B-Corp
- Vegan bars
- They have so much fiber that people may be best to start with half of a bar at a time
Best fiber bar for kids
Cerebelly Smart Bars
Cerebelly Smart Bars are good for both kids and adults alike because they are made purely from whole foods like vegetables, fruits, and whole grains. Yet they are still gluten-free and free of major allergens. They also have no added sugars. They also contain at least 15 important nutrients for brain health from superfoods.
A healthier snack for kids and adults alike because they have nothing fake and are satisfying for a sweet tooth in a natural way. They come in Strawberry Beet, Carrot Raisin, Blueberry Banana Sweet Potato, and Apple Kale flavors.
Ingredients include organic dates, organic whole grain oats, organic sunflower butter, organic sweet potatoes, organic tapioca fiber, organic kelp, chlorella, pumpkin seeds, spinach, maitake mushrooms, organic strawberries, amaranth, organic beets, organic lemon juice, and sea salt.
About $1 per bar
- Nut-free, dairy-free, soy-free, and gluten-free
- BPA free
Contain organic ingredients
- Good fiber bars for kids because these are perfectly portioned
- 3 g fiber and 3 g protein per bar
- Also a great choice for people with diabetes
- Great taste ratings by over 1000 reviewers
- These bars are tiny because they are geared toward toddlers, but they make a good light snack for any age.
RXBAR is worth mentioning because it is one of the protein bars with fiber, but doesn’t quite meet the fiber criteria for this post. It contains between 3-5 grams of fiber and 12 grams of fiber and its ingredient list is simply egg whites, dates, almonds, and cashews. About $2 per bar.
Best fiber bar snack alternative
For people who prefer savory over sweet treats, the following high fiber snack is a great alternative.
HighKey Low Carb Snacks Cheddar Crackers
HighKey Low Carb Cheddar Crackers are tasty snacks that promote healthy blood sugar levels because of their low carb content and high fiber levels. My favorite variety is the Cheddar Flavor but they also come in Sea Salt flavor too. They have a very delicious cheesy flavor without all the junk of typical crackers. Luckily, these make great fiber snacks that keep you full for a long time.
Ingredients for these crackers are butter, cassava fiber, almond flour, whey protein concentrate, lupin flour, egg whites, cheddar cheese powder, xanthan gum, onion powder, baking powder, yeast extract, guar gum (natural prebiotic fiber), lactic acid powder, sunflower lecithin, garlic powder, yeast extract, paprika, and white pepper.
About $1.60 per serving
- 8 grams of fiber, 7 grams of protein, 2 grams of net carb per serving
- 6.75oz keto snack crackers
- Get great product reviews for taste and a personal favorite of mine
- High protein and high fiber snacks
- Buttery Almond Flour Crackers
- Grain-Free Healthy
- Zero Sugar Diabetic Diet Friendly Foods
- Allergen notes: contains almond, milk, and egg
Criteria for selecting the best fiber bars
Choosing the best fiber bars is quite simple for this post.
- First, those with high amounts of sugar don’t make the cut.
- Second, I chose to avoid products that have added soy or GMO corn.
- Third, all products need to be wheat-free.
- Additionally, only brands with good reputations were chosen and products that have high ratings for taste.
- The fiber content needs to be at least 5 grams per bar as well.
- Organic ingredients are definitely preferred and listed. They are somewhat challenging to find.
- Products with artificial ingredients are also eliminated for this post.
Tips for adding more fiber to your diet
Fiber seems benign, but it isn’t. The most important thing to know about adding more fiber foods, including fiber bars, is to start slowly.
I suggest that you increase your fiber by around 5-8 grams per day. This will help your gut adapt to the changes in fiber.
Additionally, if you have more fiber, you need plenty of hydration. A good rule of thumb is to drink an extra 8 oz glass of water for every 5 grams of fiber that you add in per day.
This helps the fiber do its work in the gut and prevents gut upset and constipation caused by the low water-to-fiber ratio in your diet.
Common fiber bar questions
Are fiber one bars healthy?
Not particularly. Even the best fiber one bars are not as good as the bars listed above because Fiber One bars have GMO ingredients and high allergen ingredients like wheat, corn syrup, and soy. Fiber One bars review topics are usually centered around taste. Even though Fiber One bars are high in fiber at around 9 grams per bar, this doesn’t make them healthy. High in sugar, they do taste pretty good, but I can’t get past the suspect ingredient list.
Are some healthy fiber bars too high in saturated fat?
Probably not for most people. This is because saturated fat in these bars comes from whole food ingredients like coconut, which has never been directly shown to increase blood levels of cholesterol.
Should I just choose plant-based protein bars?
This is a personal choice, but with plant-based protein bars, you can miss out on some healing ingredients such as collagen.
Is allulose natural?
Yes. It is a natural sweetener that is found in many fruits. Stevia and monk fruit are also natural sweeteners. Erythritol is naturally found in foods but is sometimes manufactured.
Are fiber bars high in nutrition?
This highly depends on the ingredients that are in the bar. For example, coconut is full of healthy natural fibers that are good for gut health and so is collagen, which is good for joint health and gut health.
Grass-fed whey protein is very nutritious because of its high protein content, but some people have dairy allergies. Additionally, some fiber bars contain ingredients that are full of inflammatory compounds like sugar and corn syrup.
Are KIND bars good for health?
Not really. The flavors vary in their sugar content, but range between 5 and 9 grams of added sugar that is highly processed. Any of the bars listed above have less sugar than Kind Bars. They may be better than Fiber One bars because the rest of the ingredients tend to be whole foods, but not by much.
High fiber bars recipe ideas
Some of the best fiber bars for healthy digestive function, pooping, and overall gut health are homemade.
Most people these days don’t go to the trouble of making their own, but if you are interested in doing so, my favorite recipe out there is High Fiber Granola Bars by Fork in the Kitchen. My only tip would be to use ground flax seeds instead and ferment them first to make this recipe even more gut healthy.
Collagen Cookie Dough recipe is another good option because it contains high fiber coconut flour and is highly rated for taste.