If you are looking for the best bone broth powder, you should try to find those that are certified organic and/or 100% grass-fed if possible. These criteria are the most important factors in knowing if you have a high-quality bone broth powder or not.
I will explain why in this post and give you the best brands of bone broth powder available on the market today.
Best bone broth powder brands overview
If you don’t have time to read the whole post, here is a summary of the best bone broth powder brands on the market today.
- Perfect Bone Broth Organic Free-Range-best organic chicken broth
- Amy Myers Organic Chicken Bone Broth Collagen Powder-best organic chicken bone broth
- Paleovalley: 100% Grass Fed Bone Broth Protein Powder-best grassfed brand
- Left Coast Performance Organic Grass Fed Beef Bone Broth Protein Powder-best organic beef brand
- Natural Force Organic Bone Broth Protein Powder – best organic beef bone broth
- Om Mighty Chicken Bone Broth best organic packets with Mighty Mushrooms
- Dr. Kellyann Bone Broth Collagen Powder Packets 100% Grass-Fed Hydrolyzed Collagen Powder best soup packets
- Ancient Nutrition Bone Broth Protein Powder Chocolate best tasting bone broth chocolate shake
- Wholesome Wellness Multi Collagen Protein Powder best for joint health
- Intentionally Bare Bone Broth Powder Unflavored: highest protein and best value
- Kiss My Keto Bone Broth-best tasting soup packets and for keto diets
Criteria for the best bone broth powder
The two most important criteria for the best bone broth supplements to buy are:
- Certified organic
- 100% grass-fed
When it comes to nutrition, bone broth that comes from 100% grass-fed beef is much more nutritious and carries more healthy compounds. These include more vitamin K2, antioxidants, healthy minerals, and omega-3 fats.
Plus, it is better for the environment and for the cows too.
So, the best bone broth to buy would ideally be both certified organic and 100% grass-fed.
But, after countless hours looking for products like this, you can find either one or the other.
Typically, you can more easily find certified organic chicken broth powder.
100% grass-fed beef broth is much more challenging to find, but you can find a few organic beef bone broth powders out there.
Other important criteria to look for in bone broth powders are:
- GMP or 3rd party certified
- Free of fillers when possible
- Free of allergens
- High in protein-at least 10 grams per serving
- Tastes great
Keep in mind, that bone broth powders are going to often have a slight bone broth taste. This isn’t unpleasant for most people, but it could be a flavor that some people aren’t used to.
Here are the brands that meet most of the quality criteria.
Best organic chicken bone broths
Perfect Bone Broth – Organic Free-Range Chicken Bone Broth
Perfect Supplements Organic Chicken Bone Broth Powder is one of the few bone broth powders on the market that are fully USDA Certified Organic. This makes this brand the best organic bone broth powder. Containing only 1 ingredient, this is the purest supplement you will find on the market today. It also contains 3 types of collagen: Type I, II, and III.
- Free of pesticides/herbicides and glyphosate free
- Free of allergens including dairy, soy, corn, and wheat
- This unflavored bone broth protein powder mixes into just about anything you can imagine
- No added sugar and no carbs
- Has all 9 essential amino acids and a total of 19 types of amino acids
- 10 grams of protein per serving
- Also contains a natural source of glucosamine, chondroitin, Type I, II, and III collagen for joint health
- Great for gut health and bone health
- USDA certified organic and does not contain GMOs
- From free-range chickens
- The company gives 100% money back guarantee if you aren’t satisfied
- Pure bone broth with no additives
- Costs a bit more than most brands, but this is because it is of the highest quality
Amy Myers Organic Chicken Bone Broth Collagen
Amy Myers Organic Chicken Bone Broth Collagen Powder is a very tasty bone broth made from USDA-certified organic chicken that is pasture-raised as well. This company is highly reputable because everything is formulated by Dr. Amy Myers who is an autoimmune and thyroid specialist.
It is also GMP certified and 3rd party inspected for quality and purity. This is among the best bone broth collagen powder brands on the market because of its high protein content too. For this reason, it is helpful for people who are working on weight loss.
- USDA-certified organic bone broth protein powder
- Pasture-raised chickens
- 3rd party lab tested
- No carbs
- 19 grams of protein per serving
- No additives or fillers
- Flavored with organic parsley and organic garlic
- Free of common allergens
- Free shipping
- 90 return guarantee
- Tasty chicken flavor broth
- Contains healthy collagen for joint, gut, hair, skin, and nail health
- Healthy for joints and cartilage
- Great source of protein
- A bit more expensive than lower-quality brands
Also comes in beef bone broth.
Best 100% grass-fed bone broth powder
PaleoValley 100% Grass-Fed Bone Broth Protein Powder
PaleoValley 100% Grass-Fed Bone Broth Protein Powder is one of the only beef bone broths that is made with 100% grass-fed beef. This means that it is derived from cows that are fed the way they are intended. By doing so, you get more nutrients, antioxidants and healing compounds. Among the best bone broth for gut health brands, PaleoValley is one of the healthiest bone broth types out there.
- 100% grass-fed and grass-finished beef broth, fully pasture-raised
- 15 grams of protein per serving
- No additives and no GMO ingredients
- Great for joint and gut health
- Contains amino acids that are lacking in most people’s diets
- Gently dried without high heat or chemicals
- Helps support healthy skin, muscles, and joints
- No pesticides or herbicides are used in raising cattle
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
- Gets great reviews for taste
- Only available online
Best organic beef bone broths
Left Coast Performance Organic Grass-Fed Beef Bone Broth
Left Coast Organic Grass-Fed Beef Bone Broth is a highly rated bone broth powder by over 300 reviewers. Unlike most beef broths on the market, this is certified organic, so it stands out for higher quality than most as well.
- Easily mixes into drinks of any kind
- Made in the USA
- USDA-certified organic grass-fed bone broth protein powder
- The only ingredient is bone broth
- GMP Certified for quality and purity
- Contains 22 grams of protein per serving, making it among the best bone broth powder for weight loss
- Low in sodium
- Free of gluten, dairy, soy, corn
- Both types I and III collagen
- Made in a GMP-certified facility
- Doesn’t specify if it is 100% grass fed so it probably isn’t
- More expensive than most
Natural Force Organic Bone Broth Protein Powder
Natural Force Organic Bone Broth Protein Powder is made with USDA organic beef bones. This powdered bone broth is one of the highest in protein on the market. It also is great because it has a neutral taste so you can use it in almost any dish, beverage, or recipe.
- USDA organic bone broth
- Low in sodium at 234 mg per serving
- Bone broth concentrate with 20 grams of protein per serving
- Free of fillers and additives
- No major allergens
- Contains Types I, II, & III Collagen
- Gets great reviews
- Great transparency: the company is 3rd party tested for heavy metals and impurities. It shares its results with the public
- Satisfaction guaranteed
- Most expensive brand on the market today
Best bone broth powder packets
Om Mighty Chicken Bone Broth with Mushroom Superfood
Om Mighty Chicken Bone Broth organic powder with Mushroom Superfood has Organic chicken bone broth along with a healthy mushroom blend of Shitake, Lion’s Mane, Reishi, and Turkey Tail mushrooms.
These convenient bone broth powder packets are a great addition to any soup out there.
Also contains an organic spice blend, organic apple cider vinegar, and sea salt.
- 10 bone broths per package that are convenient for on-the-go
- Contains mushroom powder superfoods including Shiitake, Lions Mane, Reishi, and Turkey Tail
- 10 grams of protein per serving
- Made with all-organic US chicken, veggies, medicinal mushrooms, herbs, and spices
- Free of common allergens
- USA Grown
- Paleo-friendly, keto-friendly, and kosher
- Some people don’t love the flavor of mushrooms or are allergic to mushrooms
Dr. Kellyann Bone Broth Collagen Powder Packets
Dr. Kellyann Bone Broth Collagen Powder Packets are one of the only bone broths that are 100% grass-fed. Grassfed collagen bone broth is healing for the gut so it helps your gut heal and absorbs more nutrients. Like most bone broths, this is also keto and Paleo too.
Also contains, cauliflower, hydrolyzed collagen, sea salt, onion, parsley, black pepper, reishi mushroom powder, and turmeric extract.
- From 100% grass-fed cows
- 16 grams of protein per serving
- 226 grams of sodium per serving, which is low for broth
- Tasty chicken flavor
- Contains Reishi mushrooms
- High in healing amino acids and peptides
- Dissolves easily in hot water
- More expensive than many brands
- People who are allergic to mushrooms should avoid this brand
Best bone broth powder protein shake
Ancient Nutrition Bone Broth Protein Shake
Ancient Nutrition Bone Broth Protein Shake is a very highly-rated bone broth protein by the popular Dr. Josh Axe. The label also indicates that this is made from cage-free and is cruelty free chickens as well. Many people swear by the fact that their digestion gets better and their joints feel better when using this protein shake.
Also, this brand is free of major allergens like gluten and is grain-free.
- Excellent reviews by thousands of people
- Easy to mix
- A better bargain than many brands
- Grass fed, homemade bone broth
- For people who prefer to disguise bone broth in a shake
- Loaded with collagen, glucosamine, minerals, gelatin, chondroitin, and protein
- Free of allergens: soy-free, grain-free, dairy-free, gluten-free
- 20 grams of protein per serving
- 100% satisfaction guaranteed
- Sweetened with stevia and monk fruit
- No artificial additives and no artificial ingredients
- Doesn’t state that is organic, so it probably isn’t
- Even though stevia is natural, some people don’t like the flavor of it
Best bone broth powder for joint health
Wholesome Wellness Multi Collagen Protein Powder is a well-rounded bone broth powder because it contains 5 types of collagen. These are collagen types I II III V X so it is excellent for gut health and joint health. Its superior nutrition makes this a suitable bone broth powder for just about anyone wanting to improve their health. This is the best bone broth for collagen support without a doubt.
- GMP-certified brand and 3rd party lab tested
- Made in the USA
- Contains a high-quality blend of grass-fed beef, chicken, certified wild fish, and eggshell membrane collagen.
- Healthy bone broth with collagen added
- Has collagen types I, II, III, V, and X
- Easy to blend
- Great value at around $1 per serving
- 100% Hydrolyzed blend of Grass-Fed Beef, Certified Wild Fish, and Organic ingredients
- Free of major allergens
- A more diverse mix of collagen than most bone broths
- Doesn’t state that it is from 100% grass-fed cows so it probably isn’t
Best bone broth powder for protein content
Intentionally Bare Bone Broth Powder Unflavored
Intentionally Bare Bone Broth Unflavored Powder is one of the best bone broth protein powders because it contains over 22 grams of protein per serving. In my opinion, it is also one of the best-tasting bone broth powders too. For this reason, this powder made the list as a grass-fed bone broth powder even though it isn’t designated 100% grass-fed.
- Better than protein powder because of its high collagen content
- One of the best bone broth protein powders because of its high protein content and good value
- Helpful for gut health, and digestive function
- Great for people with gluten sensitivity, dairy sensitivity, or egg sensitivity
- Grain-free and nut-free too
- Mixes easily into any beverage or recipe
- Made in the USA
- Grass-fed beef
- Flavorless so goes in just about anything
- 100% satisfaction guaranteed
- 19 amino acids
- Major allergen-free
- The best value of the grass-fed bone broths
- Bone broth review ratings are 5 stars from over 100 reviewers
- Doesn’t state that it is 100% grass-fed so it probably isn’t
Best tasting bone broth powder instant soup
Kiss My Keto Bone Broth
Kiss My Keto Bone Broth contains the tastiest bone broth in my opinion, so it made the list. It comes in two flavors: beef chili and Thai green curry chicken, both of which are delicious and easy to mix for a quick lunch or snack.
The bone broth reviews of this product are overwhelmingly positive too. This is as easy to make as Cup-of-soups but much healthier. You can drink bone broth like this at any time of the day.
This bone broth contains BSE-free bone broth, Natural Flavors, Medium Chain Triglycerides, Salt, Yeast Extract, Gum Acacia, Guar Gum, and Xanthan Gum, Dehydrated Garlic, Dehydrated Onion, Chilli Pepper, Spices, and Silicon Dioxide.
- Contains MCT oil to support a ketogenic diet
- Convenient packets
- 10 grams of protein per serving which is more than most instant packages
- Best bone broth to buy for flavor by many reviewers
- Can save 10% by using code HEALTHYRD
- One of the best values on the market
- 2 grams of net carbs per packet
- Manufactured on equipment that also processes peanuts, tree nuts, soy, wheat, egg, and milk.
- Not made from grass fed cows
Other popular bone broth brands
There are several other popular bone broth brands worth mentioning. They are:
- Ancient Nutrition Bone Broth Powder-plain
- Bonafide Provisions Organic Chicken Broth
- Kettle and Fire Bone Broth
- Osso Good Bone Broth
Bone broth powder benefits
Bone broth powder has numerous health benefits that promote a healthy body. It contains many healthy compounds including:
- Multiple amino acids
- Hyaluronic acid
These compounds can help with the following aspects of health when used regularly.
Provides critical nutrients for health
Most people don’t get enough collagen, glucosamine, and certain amino acids in their diets because of modern lifestyles.
Luckily, bone broth powder provides all of these nutrients to help support almost every tissue in your body.
Collagen is your body’s most abundant protein. In fact, 1/3 of all the protein in your body is collagen!
A great way to support collagen tissue in your body is to eat bone broth. This helps your body to be flexible, strong, and supple.
Plus, bone broth contains a rare form of collagen called type II collagen that helps build many kinds of connective tissue in the body.
Diets high in protein foods like bone broth powder can help with weight loss and increase muscle mass. This is because the protein and amino acids are filling and help support benefits on whole-body metabolism according to research [R].
By containing all essential amino acids and conditionally essential amino acids, bone broth may help curb appetite.
The collagen in bone broth may even help the body make proper amounts of insulin [R].
Skin health, nail health, hair health
The nutrients in bone broth help support healthy skin, hair, and nails, especially its abundant collagen content.
As you may know, the primary protein in skin tissue is collagen.
To get enough collagen to support glowing and healthy skin, it is best to eat collagen-rich foods like bone broth.
Plus, bone broth also contains hyaluronic acid and proline that may slow the aging processes in the skin [R, R].
Adding bone broth after age 40 may be especially helpful because this is the age when our skin production of collagen declines. Many people swear by the benefits of collagen for reducing wrinkles.
Research even shows that collagen helps increase skin elasticity and hydration [R].
The best bone broths for skin health are Perfect Bone Broth and Amy Myers Chicken Bone Broth.
Helpful for reducing joint pain
Collagen from bone broth powder is great for joint health.
In fact, there are countless studies that show that collagen helps reduce joint pain [R].
This healing nutrient helps to decrease inflammation and is a critical building block for joint tissues.
Bone broth with multiple types of collagen is best for joint pain, such as Wholesome Wellness Multi Collagen Protein Powder, Amy Myers Organic Chicken Bone Broth Collagen Powder and Natural Force Organic Bone Broth Protein Powder.
Great for building muscle and bone density
Bone broth may help improve muscle strength and bone density according to research. This makes sense because collagen from bone broth plays a big role in making up the structure of bone tissue.
Collagen peptides along with calcium and vitamin D increased bone density in women with low bone density [R].
Collagen from bone broth along with vitamin D and calcium also reduces bone loss in postmenopausal women [R].
Keep in mind, that exercise is critical for supporting bone and muscle health so it is best to use bone broth with a healthy exercise routine.
Choosing the highest protein bone broths like Intentionally Bare Bone Broth for strength is the best way to go.
Bone broth has natural anti-inflammatory nutrients, including glycine, glutamine, glucosamine, and chondroitin.
For example, glycine alone reduces inflammation in the body according to research [R].
This means that bone broth may help a wide variety of health issues.
By helping to heal a leaky gut, bone broth may help reduce inflammation throughout the whole body. [R, R].
Helps gut health
Bone broth is notorious for its gut health benefits. This is because it contains gut-healing amino acids, glutamine, and collagen. As such, it helps to reduce inflammation in the gut, heals the gut lining, helps make bile, and supports a healthy immune system.
Additionally, collagen may help make bowel movements easier because it pulls water towards it. By helping to heal the gut lining and promoting healthy intestinal muscles, it helps with normal bowel function too.
Related post: 12 Reasons You Should Use Collagen for Gut Health | (thehealthyrd.com)
May improve sleep quality
Bone broth contains an amino acid that helps support healthy sleep: glycine.
Glycine helps to increase sleep quality and even helps to improve daytime memory according to research in Sleep and Biological Rhythms journal and Neuropsychopharmacology journal [R, R].
Great for Keto, Paleo, and Anti-inflammatory diets
Bone broth is naturally free of inflammatory carbohydrates and provides healing nutrients.
For this reason, it is suitable for many healthy meal plans. These include ketogenic meal plans, Paleo lifestyles, and autoimmune protocols.
Frequently asked questions
How is bone broth powder made?
Bone broth powder is simply made by cooking chicken bones or beef bones in water. Typically this is done under high pressure and constant heat for a short period of time to help retain its nutrients.
Then, the powder is dried, typically at a low temperature to help keep its quality.
Does bone broth contain heavy metals?
There is a chance that there can be trace amounts of heavy metals in bone broth powder, even organic types.
However, like most foods, these levels are lower than EPA acceptable levels.
Because bone broth is helpful for healing the gut, your body is less likely to absorb these heavy metals.
And, most foods these days sadly have a risk of heavy metals, including fruits and vegetables. So, I don’t believe that bone broth is more concerning than any other food for this reason.
What is the best way to use bone broth powder?
This depends on your personal preference. I prefer using bone broth powder in savory dishes. It’s great for using in cooking rice, soups, casseroles, stews, and any dish you can think of.
Doing it this way helps to naturally increase the protein content of your meals. It also helps enhance the health of foods like oatmeal or breakfast dishes.
Other people prefer to mix it into beverages like smoothies or coffee.
I like to make a double protein broth by mixing Kiss My Keto and Intentionally Bare together for a protein boost of 30 grams.
3 thoughts on “11 Best Bone Broth Powder Brands that are Organic/Grass-fed”
FondBoneBroth.com and Epic.com both have bone broths that they store and sell in glass. They are both all organic and neither company adds junk fillers and only uses fresh veggies and spices, not powdered. This is much more appealing to me than the powdered bone broth. Both companies sell delicious products with very inventive combinations of ingredients for chicken and beef broths.
I prefer the powdered bone broth for its convenience and packaging (boxes and glass make a bigger trash day)!
That’s such a great point, Valerie! Me too! And it’s more reasonably priced:)